Thursday, October 4, 2012

Forest Realm


I decided that I wanted to do a three part series on the advantages/disadvantages of various realms in Legend of the Cryptids and the third realm I wanted to cover is Forest Realm.

Forest Realm is the least popular of the realms. Because of the lack of popularity cards for this realm are normally abundant and less expensive. This realm seems to have majority of the dragons in the game as well as most of the forest animal based cards. The reason it is least popular is most people don't really have an affinity to wood when the other options are fire and water. At the time of writing this the referral card is based in the forest realm but the buff works for all realms when leveled.

I find the power of cards between realms to be fairly equal. Most of the forest cards I've seen focus on weakening water but otherwise they seem to be really balanced offensively and defensively. I haven't yet noticed any cards that appear to be amazing in offense or defense that either fire or water doesn't have a better card than.

I think this may inevitably lead to forest realm having the best attack card and best defense card due to attempting to balance, similar to what happened to man realm in Rage of Bahamut.

I recommend forest realm as a great starter realm. Not only does the realm have the referral card but also the cards seem to be the cheapest and most abundant. Eventually they could be the most popular realm but I feel that it will always be plagued with poor art selection when compared to water/fire realm.

No comments:

Post a Comment